Webinar #1: Overview of key applications on the SeqStudio Genetic Analyzer
This is the first topic in the Applied Biosystems SeqStudio Webinar Series, ‘Sanger sequencing and fragment analysis made easy’.
In this 30-minute talk, find out how the new Applied Biosystems SeqStudio Genetic Analyzer enables Sanger sequencing and fragment analysis for applications such as:
- Oncology research
- Human cell line authentication
- Multiplex ligation–dependent probe amplification for human copy number variation (MLPA)
- CRISPR-Cas9 genome editing analysis
Other topics in the webinar series include:
- Detect low-level somatic mutations in FFPE samples using Sanger sequencing (#2)
- Enabling neurological disease research via DNA fragment analysis on the new SeqStudio genetic analyzer (#3)
- Genome editing workflow facilitated by the Thermo Fisher Scientific portfolio solution (#4)
- Cell line authentication using STR analysis (#5)
About the presenter
Steve Jackson, PhD
Product Applications Specialist
Thermo Fisher Scientific
Dr. Jackson has over 10 years of experience in genetic analysis technologies. As a senior member of the genetic analysis R&D team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, he helps develop solutions for the research and healthcare markets, leveraging varied technologies such as capillary electrophoresis, digital PCR, next-generation sequencing, and microarray analysis. Before Thermo Fisher Scientific, he was at Nanostring Technologies running the Field Applications Specialist (FAS) team. He was also an Acting Assistant Professor at University of Washington, Department of Genome Sciences, investigating developmental genetics of Drosophila.
Complete the form to register for the webinar.
For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.