The study of rare-cell populations is assuming growing importance in the advancement of medical diagnostics and therapeutics, providing valuable information on the status of a patient. It is useful not only in understanding disease mechanisms, but also in finding novel biomarkers in disease onset and progression.
With multi-parameter capabilities and a very high analysis rate, flow cytometry is currently the most effective technology to address rare-cell analysis.
This invaluable handbook written by experts in the field guides you in the main aspects of rare cell detection with guidance on:
- Experimental planning—quantity of biological material required
- Statistical considerations—a crucial step in analysing rare cells
- Cell enrichment and marker(s) definition strategy—unambiguously identify a rare cell population
- Sample concentration and flow rate—critical parameters in acquisition time
- Understanding data analysis—expert use of software and hardware
Complete the below form to receive your free download.