Complete the following information to enter to win the TMT Scholarship Award
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN
1. HOW TO APPLY: The Thermo Scientific Tandem Mass Tag Research Grant Program (the “Program”) is void wherever prohibited or where registration or bonding is required, and is subject to all applicable laws. To participate in the Program, you must submit your Grant Application (Application) at www.thermofisher.com/tmtgrant. All required information on the Application form must be completed. All Applications must be submitted in the English language. The Application must be received by Sponsor between 12:01 AM US Pacific Time on September 30, 2019 and 11:59 PM US Pacific Time on February 28, 2020. By applying, you represent that you are not prohibited by employment, law, regulation, or the policies or practices of your institution or employer from participating.
2. ELIGIBILITY: The Program is open only to doctoral or post-doctoral students at academic, not-for-profit research institutions or commercial entities located in an eligible jurisdiction whose representative has submitted a completed Application. The person submitting the Application is the applicant (“Applicant”) and is entering on behalf of their employer, which will be the recipient of the grant (“Grant Recipient”). Applicant warrants that they have obtained any necessary permission to submit an Application to this Program and authorization from their employer or responsible supervisor. The Program is open only to Applicants who are new users of Thermo Scientific™ Tandem Mass Tag™ reagents or Thermo Scientific™ TMT™ reagents (the “Reagents”). Determination of eligibility is at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising, promotion, and fulfillment agencies of Sponsor, and immediate family members and employees, officers and directors of Sponsor or those living in their same household, are not eligible to participate. By entering, Applicants give permission to Sponsor to contact them about its products and services, whether or not Applicant is selected to receive an award.
Healthcare Professionals located outside of Europe, the Middle East and Africa may not participate in this promotion. The term Healthcare Professionals includes clinical or non-clinical physicians (including MDs and MDs/Ph.Ds), and physician assistants, nurses, technicians, research coordinators, administrators and purchasing personnel and entities (including hospitals, rehabilitation centers, nursing facilities, home health agencies, clinics and group purchasing organizations, managed care organizations, physician group practices, medical directors for health insurance organizations, diagnostic institutions) and their employees and representatives who are involved in the actual provision of health care services.
Healthcare Professionals located in Europe, the Middle East and Africa may not participate in this promotion. The term Healthcare Professional means any individual (with a clinical or non-clinical role; whether a government official, or employee or representative of a government agency or other public or private sector organization; including but not limited to, physicians, nurses, technicians, laboratory scientists, researchers, research co-ordinators or procurement professionals) that in the course of their professional activities may directly or indirectly purchase, lease, recommend, administer, use, supply, procure or determine the purchase or lease of, or who may prescribe medical technologies or related services. The definition of Healthcare Professionals includes individuals involved in research activity, not just those directly involved in the provision of healthcare services.
Government Officials located in Australia, New Zealand, Europe, the Middle East and Africa may not participate in this promotion. Government Official shall mean: (i) Any officer or employee of a government or any department, agency or instrument of a government; (ii) Any person acting in an official capacity for or on behalf of a government or any department, agency, or instrument of a government; (iii) Any officer or employee of a company or business, university or institution owned or funded in whole or part by a government; (iv) Any officer or employee of a public international organization such as the World Bank or United Nations, the European Union or the World Health Organization; (v) Any officer or employee of a political party or any person acting in an official capacity on behalf of a political party; and/or (vi) Any candidate for political office.
Void in Quebec, India, and where prohibited, licensed, or restricted by federal, state, provincial, or local laws, regulations, or agency/institutional policy.
3. SELECTION: The object of the Program is to encourage new and novice users of Thermo Scientific™ TMT™ (including amine-, sulfhydryl- or carbonyl-reactive) labeling technology or who have recently started using quantitative discovery proteomic techniques. Submit the best ideas for applications of the Applicant’s experiment to show feasibility with the Reagents. In order to be considered for selection, Applicants must have the following available in connection with their proposal: biological samples and access to Thermo Scientific™ instruments that are compatible with the Thermo Scientific™ tandem mass tag labeling reagents. Applications will be judged by a panel of five R&D professionals from Sponsor and Proteome Sciences Plc based on the following criteria, each worth 33% of the total score:
- Scientific merit: Use of novel applications for discovery quantitative proteomics to achieve their goals by using tandem mass tag labeling reagents and MS reagents
- Significance of use of Thermo Scientific™ TMT™ tags and commercial MS reagents: How using tandem mass tag labeling reagents will further the research
- Approach: How clear and well developed is the proposed use of the TMT tags and MS reagents to address the questions at hand; what instrumentation is available for analysis
All qualifying applications will be anonymized prior to presentation to the judges. Judges’ decisions are final on all matters and shall not be subject to challenge or appeal.
4. NOTIFICATION AND GRANT RECIPIENTS’ OBLIGATIONS: The three Grant Recipients will be notified by March 31, 2020 and, if eligible, recognized at the ASMS conference in Houston, Texas during a Thermo Scientific sponsored event between May 31st and June 4th 2020. By participating, Applicants and Grant Recipients agree to these Official Rules, the Pierce Biotechnology, Inc. Products Terms and Conditions of Sale (applied to each Grant Recipient as if the Grant Recipient had ordered the product awarded), and the determination of each Grant Recipient by Sponsor, which shall be final and binding in all respects. Applicants and Grant Recipients acknowledge and agree that they will provide the protocols they utilize in the project and any resulting data (the “Results”) to Sponsor for use by Sponsor, in its sole discretion, on websites of Sponsor and/or its affiliates or otherwise. Acceptance of the award constitutes permission to use a recipient’s name, biographical information, likeness and company information without further compensation, except where prohibited by law and as otherwise provided herein. No information regarding judging or selection will be disclosed.
5. AWARD: Three Grant Recipients will be selected to receive a product credit for Thermo Scientific tandem mass tag labeling reagents and MS reagents in the amount of $10,000 USD for the first place winner, $7,500 USD for the second place winner, and $5,000 USD for the third place winner (or equivalent in the local currency of the Grant Recipient) (the “Award”). Limit one Award per Grant Recipient. The Award must be used in a single purchase order. The Award must be used by no later than September 30, 2020. The number of recipients selected will be in Sponsor’s sole discretion and based on evaluation of the contents of the Application and the description of the proposed project. No financial or other compensation will be made for any other purpose, and Grant Recipient agrees to provide all other materials, personnel, laboratory space and equipment necessary, and to bear the expenses of their project. Applicants for the Grant Recipient will be attempted to be notified by email or mail. Any notification returned as undeliverable may result in disqualification. The Award is not transferable; no substitutions or cash equivalents are allowed, except at Sponsor’s sole discretion. The Applicant will be required to execute and return an Affidavit of Eligibility/Release of Liability/Assignment of Rights/Publicity Release (where legal) and the Grant Recipient will be required to execute and return an Acceptance of Grant document. Each document must be signed and returned to the Sponsor within 14 calendar days of notification attempt. If the Applicant and/or Grant Recipient fail to return these documents by the deadline, the grant will be forfeited and an alternate recipient may be determined, based on the criteria set forth above. TAXES, INCLUDING SALES, FEDERAL, STATE, AND LOCAL TAX, IF ANY, RELATED TO THE AWARD ARE THE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE GRANT RECIPIENT AND SPONSOR WILL, IF APPLICABLE, ISSUE A 1099-MISC TO THE GRANT RECIPIENT. No responsibility or liability is assumed for damages, losses or injury resulting from acceptance or use of any Award. All other expenses and costs not expressly listed above are each Grant Recipient’s sole responsibility.
6. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY: Ownership of the pre-existing underlying intellectual property of the Grant Recipient remains the property of the Grant Recipient subject to Sponsor's rights to reprint, display, reproduce, perform, use and exhibit the Application and any Results for the purpose of administering and promoting the Program and for Sponsor's marketing and advertising purposes. By participating in the Program, each Grant Recipient grants to Sponsor a non-exclusive, worldwide, fully paid, royalty-free, perpetual, transferable license to reprint, display, reproduce, perform, use and exhibit (including the right to make derivative works of) the Application and materials, and information submitted on and in connection with the Program or use or receipt of the award, as well as materials and information provided by Sponsor for the purposes of running this Program, and the Results. Each Applicant and Grant Recipient hereby warrants that any Application and other materials and information provided by Applicant, and any Results, are original with Grant Recipient and do not violate or infringe upon the copyrights, trademarks, rights of privacy, publicity or other intellectual property, or other rights of any person or entity, and do not violate any rules or regulations. If the Application or information or materials provided by participant, and any Results, contain any material or elements that are not owned by participant and/or which are subject to the rights of third parties, Applicant represents that he or she has obtained, prior to submission of the Application and information or materials, and any Results, any and all releases and consents necessary to permit use and display of the Application, information and materials, and Results by Sponsor in the manner set forth in these Official Rules without additional compensation.
7. GENERAL RULES: In the event of a dispute regarding any Application, that Application will be deemed made by the first qualifying Applicant to submit the Application. Return of any award or award notification as undeliverable may result in disqualification and alternate determination. By participating in this Program, Applicants and Grant Recipients agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor. Sponsor is not responsible for technical, hardware, software or telephone malfunctions of any kind; lost or unavailable network connections; or failed, incorrect, incomplete, inaccurate, garbled or delayed electronic communications caused by the user or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in this Program, or by any human error that may occur in the processing of the online Application in this Program. Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any Applicant or Grant Recipient who tampers or attempts to tamper with the Application process or the operation of the Program or website; violates the Official Rules; or acts in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Program may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person and participant to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor's failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Program if it is not capable of running as planned due to circumstances including, but not limited to, infection by computer virus, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other problems beyond the control of Sponsor. Sponsor and each of its respective affiliates, officers, directors, agents and employees will have no liability or responsibility for any claim arising in connection with participation in this Program or any award. Each Grant Recipient assumes all liability for any injury or damage caused, or claimed to be caused, by participation in this Program or use or redemption of any award.
8. RELEASE/LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: YOU HEREBY HOLD SPONSOR HARMLESS FROM AND AGAINST ANY THIRD-PARTY CLAIM ARISING FROM USE OF THE PROGRAM, THE APPLICATION, OR THE RESULTS. SPONSOR AND ITS AGENTS ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR LOST, LATE, DAMAGED, MISDIRECTED, ILLEGIBLE, INCOMPLETE OR MUTILATED APPLICATIONS; OR FOR ANY COMPUTER, ONLINE, TELEPHONE OR TECHNICAL MALFUNCTIONS, DELAYS OR HUMAN ERRORS THAT OCCUR IN THE PROCESSING, TRANSMISSION OR RECEIPT OF APPLICATIONS; OR FOR INACCURATE TRANSCRIPTION OF APPLICATION INFORMATION; OR FOR APPLICATIONS THAT ARE STOLEN, MISDIRECTED, GARBLED, LOST OR DELAYED BY COMPUTER TRANSMISSIONS; OR IF FOR ANY REASON THE PROGRAM IS NOT CAPABLE OF BEING CONDUCTED AS PLANNED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO INFECTION BY COMPUTER VIRUSES, BUGS, TAMPERING, UNAUTHORIZED INTERVENTION, FRAUD, TECHNICAL FAILURES OR OTHER CAUSES BEYOND THE CONTROL OF SPONSOR. SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT AT ITS SOLE DISCRETION TO CANCEL, TERMINATE, MODIFY OR SUSPEND THE PROGRAM. SPONSOR IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR INCORRECT OR INACCURATE APPLICATION INFORMATION, WHETHER CAUSED BY INTERNET USERS OR BY ANY OF THE EQUIPMENT OR PROGRAMMING ASSOCIATED WITH OR UTILIZED IN THE PROGRAM, OR BY ANY TECHNICAL OR HUMAN ERROR THAT MAY OCCUR IN THE PROCESSING OF THE APPLICATIONS IN THE PROGRAM.
9. CHOICE OF LAW; VENUE: Any disputes in connection with this Program will be resolved in the appropriate courts in San Diego, California, and will be subject to the laws of California, exclusive of its conflicts of laws principles.
10. SPONSOR: The Sponsor of the Program is: Pierce Biotechnology, Inc., a subsidiary of Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. 3747 N. Meridian Rd. P.O. Box 117 Rockford, IL 61105
Tandem Mass Tag, TMT and are trademarks of Proteome Sciences.
For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.